Friday, February 12, 2010

Memorizing at its best!



It was a pleasant day indeed!. after waking up early before going to school, something tickled up my mind "so what is the formula for the slope again? " the formula for the test was suddenly forgotten at that time.

I am always thinking how our brain works, and luckily, (after a long research) I found the process information of our memory. here i quoted from a book:

"Within this approach, three types of memory have been distinguished: sensory, short term, and long term. Sensory memory stores all stimuli that register on the senses, holding literal copies for a brief moment ranging from a fraction of a second to three seconds.

(Short term memory) another temporary storage system that can hold seven or so items for about 20 seconds. Although STM fades quickly, Information can be held for a longer period of time through repetition and rehearsal.

Long term memory is somewhat permanent storage system that can hold vast quantities of information for many years. from birth to death, the average person stores 500 times more than the encyclopedia britannica."

from "Human behavior:
from the disciplines of
anthropology,
psychology and sociology"
by: Dolores M. Recio
Merle F. Mejico
Cora A. Anunuevo


To be able to memorize something for a longer period of time, then read, read, read where repetition and rehearsal occurs.^_^

2 comments:

  1. I find if I don't do anything for a while, I begin to forget things quite easily. Reading helps me build and retain my memory so I've been doing that. I think reading stimulates our brain activity so our brain cells don't "die off".

    ReplyDelete
  2. My teacher in grade school always saying things like that.. and its quite effective. thank God its not too late to realize^_^

    ReplyDelete